Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What entertained me today? 06/10/09

Today was a decent day for what has entertained me. However, there is never a day that passes that I am not entertained in some form or another. So what is on the agenda for today?

*IPhone 3GS
*So You Think You Can Dance
*Star Wars: The Old Republic
*Sugar and Spice Doughnuts
*Working Out

Here is my entertainment for the day and not in any particular order:

1. IPHONE 3GS - The new Iphone announced at Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference on Monday was something I have been anticipating and listening to rumors about for a while now. What did I think about the presentation? It continued on and on and on and on and highlighted a bunch of new apps..(some interesting, some boring as hell)..and countless people talked about the superiority of this new generation of Iphone. It seems like it was 3 days long with 30 minutes of absolute elation. Here is the skinny on the Iphone 3GS:

  • 16 GB and 32 GB version
  • $199 and $299 respectively
  • Fastest Iphone Yet.
  • Landscape Keyboard
  • Compass
  • Video Camera
  • "Finally" Multimedia MMS with Copy/Paste
  • Spotlight Search
  • Voice Control
  • Most Powerful "new" Mobile OS
  • Available June 19th, 2009
and much more...(still waiting for FLASH support)...Don't believe me.. Check this out...



2. So You Think You Can Dance - The new season of "So You Think You Can Dance" has started and this program is pretty much the American Idol of the dance world. Why does this show entertain me? I guess it is an appreciation thing. When I was young, I would go to the parties and get "loose" and while the guys were hatin', the women were sizing me "up" (in more ways than one, if you follow what I'm talking about). I have heard many a woman say that "the better you throw down on the dance floor, the better you throw down in the bedroom". But I digress. "So You Think You Can Dance" is a great show because just like American Idol, you get the auditions from some good dancers, some great dancers and some GOD awful dancers. The difference with this show and IDOL however is because the dancers are choreographed by some of the top choreographers in the business, they tell fantastic stories through the song and their movements. Only a few times and rarely more than once in the same show will you hear a performance on IDOL where you were like, "DAMN! That was AMAZING!" However, that happens quite often on this show...here is one routine from last year...Don't believe me.....check this out...



3.Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO - This game looks fu#$*ing AMAZING!! I am one of those people that loves video games but never has the time to play them. On occassion, I can find an hour or two during some down week to squeeze in some game time, but that's about it. There are some people who play games like it is their religion and stay completely immersed in their video game experience. One of the biggest examples is MMORPG which for the un-initiated stands for Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game by the likes of games like World of Warcraft. On consoles there are smaller games that keep many millions of peoples attention like Halo, SOCOM, Call of Duty and Gears of War. However, the newest big thing is here and it looks to dazzle. Star Wars - The Old Republic is set up in the Star Wars universe and features the war between the Sith and Jedi thousands of years before the action in all six of the movies. I could say alot about it, but I won't. I'll let you make up your own mind....check this out!!



4. Sugar and Spice Doughnuts - In the overly indulgent world of self involved American consumer, there are few things that can be considered bliss. In the world of Doughnuts, there are many people that SWEAR by their local establishment and some that have gained state, regional or even national notoriety. Many people will argue you and tell you that there is nothing outside of Krispy Kreme doughnuts and on some good days I might agree. However, because of my fifth reason I was entertained today, I have entered Krispy Kreme rehab ( I believe this to be the only way to "kick" the habit that is Krispy Kreme because the must put crack or something in that glaze. It's not possible that it can be that good). Thanks to "The Travel Channel's show "Pig out Paradise" I have learned about places like Voodoo doughnuts that make people "BELIEVERS" (shameless Martin Sheen movie reference), however it is a local spot called Sugar and Spice and I do believe these doughnuts are every thing nice. No video to show, however if you ever make your way through Louisville Kentucky...check these out!!


5. Working Out - Ahhh...the proverbial New Years Eve resolution that has everyone lieing to themself about how they are going once again get "high school skinny". The pipe dream that is washboard abs, a ripped physique and many persons of the opposite sex wanting your new and improved bod. In being realistic, some people jump in the gym and attack with the ferocity of a lioness on a baby gazelle, however the smart person paces themself and works their way up to a level that they can handle in order not to hurt themself. What? What is wrong with that? We are Americans and we expect "instant gratification". This is why the noob bodybuilder looks in the mirror with aggression after their first workout looking for all of their new muscles that they know are there because they can "feel" them. Or the person trying to lose weight who expects to find out that they have lost 15-20 pounds when they are standing on the scale after their first workout. Each person needs to find their motivation in different places. I think I have provided at least one piece. And even though we are talking about genetics, most men (and some women to boot) want to be with Halle and most women want to look like her. If you are not moved by that picture, you might want to check your pulse. I think your are dead. Here is some more motivation...(works for me...)....check this out...!!



Well until next time....
R. Steed (Big Goldie)
"Fluffy Puffy - The Media Mogul in Training"
www.dashowtv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment