Saturday, September 5, 2009

Why Do We Keep Trying To Kill Ourselves???

I knew I said I wouldn't be long winded in my blogs anymore. I have talked about Heaven and I have talked about Hell, but where do I really sit on the subject? I am what I would consider a christian spiritual. I am not a religious person. Religion, in my opinion draws very fine lines that supposedly are not to be crossed or there will be eternal damnation or something like that. Religions of the world and their differences have started and continue more wars than for any other reason on the planet in the history of man. Who am I, or is anyone for that matter, to believe that "My GOD" is better than "Your god". What is the real difference between a First Baptist and a Southern Baptist? What is the real difference between Holiness and Hebrew Pentacostal and Seventh Day Adventist and Jehovah's Witness? Very little. However, the problem is ask any of these folks if someone from another faith could get to Heaven if they didn't believe what "THEY" believe? The answer is unequivocally: NO!!!


But I digress. Why am I talking about this? This is NOT the topic of this post. Most times, major world religions don't agree on shit! However, there does seem to be ONE thing that they do agree with. We, man, are determined, destined even, to kill ourselves! Why, if that isn't the case, are we so completely fixated with the idea of complete annihilation of the human race. Look at the movies that we have paraded as entertainment to further these deep seeded hate of ourselves for only GOD knows what, maybe because we're sinners or guilt for being kicked out of the Garden or hatred of ourselves and fellow man for our waning relationship with God. I'm not sure what it is, but MAN seems completely fixated with destroying all humanity.


There are a bunch of movies that WE have made to remind ourselves of our FRAGILE mortality. And yet, we criticize artists like, Tupac or Biggie or Machiavelli for their fixation with death, when it seems from our most influential media that we are all about ending ourselves. Let's take a role call of the movies that we come close or actually accomplish this task: The Terminator Series, Total Recall, The Matrix Series, Lord of The Rings, Star Wars Series, The Prophecy Series, The 7th Sign, The Day After Tomorrow, Volcano, Twister, Volcano, The Core, The Perfect Storm, Deep Impact, Armageddon, Independence Day, just to name a few, etc.... However, I want to discuss two NEW entries to this list.



The first is 2012. I know you have probably seen the first trailer for the movie and maybe didn't understand much except for an old Tibetan monk ringing a bell for the end of the world at the same time a 50,000 foot wave came over the top of the 30,000 foot Himalayan mountains (You know the mountain range with the world's tallest mountain, Mt. Everest). Well here is the new trailer and it is more dynamic and sure to be an action packed movie. However, the question about this movie is: How close to real life is this movie? The ONE thing I said earlier that most major religions agree upon is armageddon is December 21st, 2012. Why this date? Because the ancient Mayans said so? Because Nostradamus said so? Makes you think. Watch the Trailer.



The 2nd movie is LEGION. I did not know alot about this movie and after watching the trailer, it intriques me. It reminds me of a book I have been tinkering with and writing for a few years now. Is GOD REALLY that upset with us? Does GOD REALLY want to destroy all but a select few of humanity and start over? That seems so....human. GOD, in all of his/her infinite wisdom seems to display a lot of human characteristics when you let US tell the story. This movie reminds me of "The 7th Sign" and a little bit "The Prophecy". Like I said intriguing. When you actually take time and THINK about it, WHERE ARE YOU GOING? Anyway, you'll see what I'm talking about. Well without further ado:


Trailer for LEGION
Don't believe me....check this video out.....



Well until next time....
R. Steed (Big Goldie)
"Fluffy Puffy - The Media Mogul in Training"
www.dashowtv.com
www.arewenotentertained.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment